Monday, January 22, 2007
Ice Skating
We decided to take the family ice skating! It sounded like a good idea. Our town had just completed a new ice rink and we were eager to try it out. Never mind that none of the kids had ever skated before, it had been about 20 years since Jody and I had skated, and the weather was only about 20 degrees outside. We were up for the adventure. Once we got there and got everyone into skates (they even had skates Jamae's size), we started off on the ice. Jamae went 1/4 of the way around and declared she DOES NOT LIKE ICE SKATING. She has continued to tell me that all week. She spent the next hour crying because she was so cold. I ended up hanging up my skates early to take her and Madison inside to stay warm. (I didn't really mind since my feet were hurting so much). Jesse and Madison got horrible blisters within the first 15 minutes. Madison decided that she then didn't want to skate anymore but Jesse, after bandages and more socks, got back out and loved it. Mitchell (7) who had never been on the ice, absolutely had a blast. He got the hang of it quickly and never stopped. He was the big surprise of the day. I wasn't sure he would like it. Jay, the high schooler, much to his surprise, I think, had a good time. He wasn't sure if ice skating with his little siblings was going to be much fun but he realized it was fun. As we were driving home, Jody and I weighed the pros with the cons and decided it was a successful outing, especially since Jay, Jesse, and Mitchell were asking me on the way home to take them back the next day. Next time we will just leave Jamae home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment