Jay at districts with his friend Chad. Notice the bleached hair! The district boys either bleached their hair or shaved their heads. I'm glad Jay chose the bleaching. We are getting used to it now.
Love was in the air yesterday! I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day. We have a family tradition of sending the kids on a scavenger hunt for a present. When Jay was 3, I sent Jay on his first scavenger hunt for a Valentine present. He loved it so we have kept the tradition. This was very simple was Jay was 3, now it is a complex process. The hunt took me a few hours to put together. Each child gets their own hunt, with the clues getting harder for each child. I am happy to report that I was able to stump the oldest 3 with some of my clues. Usually, each child does their hunt seperately but this year the 4 oldest wanted to compete with each other so they all went at the same time in a race. Mitchell was the winner. We had a lot of fun.
Mitchell looking through his bag of Valentine goodies from school.
Jamae opening her Valentine present after going on her scavenger hunt. After opening the present, she wanted to go on another hunt for another present. Wouldn't we all like to do that.
Chinese New Year is Sunday. The year of the pig! We spent last Saturday night celebrating the new year with the other chinese adoptive families in our community. Jamae enjoyed having another excuse to wear her chinese silks.
Jamae and her friend Susannah
We send you all our love this Valentine week!
1 comment:
Okay Caryn,
Time to get you blogging again!!!!
February is a LONG TIME AGO!!!
You have been tagged :-)
Check out my blog
www.wildnoodles.blogspot.com
and the post "I've been tagged" for further instructions!!!
love ya
Shelley
Post a Comment