Monday, November 17, 2008

Imagine My Surprise!


I was reading the Chapman's assistant Grace's blog entry about the Shaohannah's Hope dinner this past Saturday night. She was showing the decorations used for the dinner. Imagine my surprise when I saw Ming's picture up on the stage. Shaohannah's Hope chose Ming as one of their 'kids' 2 years ago when he first became available on our agency AWAA's site in August 2006. Shaohannah's Hope has called thousands of people to pray for Ming these last 2 years and also gave us a grant to bring Ming home. We will be eternally grateful to them. If you are looking for an organization this Christmas to donate to, I strongly urge you to consider Shaohannah's Hope.

Here is a copy of the picture that I sent Shaohannah's Hope of Ming that they cropped down. It was taken back in July on a family trip that we took to a park just outside of Spokane. We actually had already posted this pic on our blog back on July 31st. And now it's being featured at a Shaohannah's Hope dinner. Too cool...

3 comments:

michele said...

That is so wonderful Jody and Caryn!! Oh....the work of the Lord!!

Anonymous said...

You are so right Karen that is too cool! :)

Patty said...

I just saw you guys featured in the Shaohannahs Hope newsletter today too! Which is so funny, and timely.........I've been reading your blog (I can't even remember where I got it??) but we are considering adopting a 12yr old boy from China and trying to find families that have---and been wondering how it would work in our family since we also have a 12yr old girl etc etc.........anyway, I'm just so happy to read your story!!!! And then to see it in my email in the SH newsletter this morning just made me chuckle. Ok God---I get it! Just trust!!
Keep posting updates, I need lots of wisdom!!
Patty
Walla Walla