My 13 year old daughter, Madison, had the assignment, as probably many around the country, to write a letter to President Obama. I had to share it with you, especially because tomorrow marks the 36th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade. How many more innocent lives will be lost?
Dear President Obama,
There are a lot of things going on in our country today. A lot of issues that I am concerned about: health, education, war, and the economy. And yes, I understand that those are very important, and I agree! But, I don't believe that they are the most important.
Did you know that approximately 1,500,000 babies are killed each year by abortion? One out of six women in our country alone have had an abortion! And many time the women are not told about the procedure or the risks involved.
Even though I completely believe that a baby is fully human when conceived, here are some facts that you might want to know: many of the abortions that are used are in relation to pulling the child's limbs apart, sucking them out with a vacuum, or poisoning them through the mother. These are performed either very early in the pregnancy or a little later on, but no matter when, the baby still feels the pain. The baby's spinal cord starts to develop at seven weeks old and at twenty weeks his brain is fully developed and able to completely register the pain! Please think about that.
So President Obama, I don't think that you are a bad person, I just believe that you are making a bad choice. Giving our country the choice to abort their babies, causing over 4,000 deaths a day, isn't one that I'd choose, for any reason.
Sincerely,
Madison Bowser
I couldn't have said it any better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a wise young lady you have raised! So full of conviction! I sense a lot of her Mama in her (which is a wonderful thing). Well said Madison. Thank you.
Maddie, you make your grandparents proud! Isn't it sad that at your age you understand the miracle and beauty of life....but so many who are older than you do not...even if they rise to the position of Pres. of the USA! It verifies the Scripture that there is a difference between knowledge and wisdom....you are already wise!
Such wisdome maturity in that story, and as Alisa said "full of conviction." Great job Madison!Thanks for sharing.
She couldn't have said it any better!!
This gave me goosebumps. Fantastic job Madison.
Post a Comment