Saturday, January 24, 2009

When's The Party?


Today, Jamae kept asking me, "When's the party?" And I kept telling her that we aren't having a party. She kept insisting that we were. Finally I asked her why she thought we were having a party and she said, "Because yesterday you bought pop and that always means we are having a party!" I guess I have trained her well. 4 years ago when Jody had his heart attack, our family gave up pop. I only occasionally buy it as a special treat, usually when we are having a party. We really confused MIng on this because in China we drank pop with lunch and dinner because of not being able to drink the water. He acquired quite a taste for coke and was clearly disappointed when he realized that his new family does not drink coke at home.

Last night I decided to surprise the kids with pop, pizza, and a movie. Jody was not home and we have the Copley girls staying with us for the weekend so I thought it would be a fun way to spend Friday night. We pulled off the shelf "Night at the Museum". We hadn't watched that in a while. How funny! We are all geared up for the 2nd one coming out soon.

On another note, Jay did great at his 11 dive meet yesterday. He competed against 21 other divers across the state, coming in 5th in the meet and 1st on his team with a score of 284. Way to go Jay!
I came across this picture from this summer of him diving off of cliffs. Yes, I knew he was going cliff jumping but not cliff flipping. Now you can see why he loves diving so much - it is in his blood.

1 comment: