Friday, March 20, 2009

There's Madness In The House...

March Madness, that is! Once a year, life is turned upside down in our house and everything is scheduled around the college basketball games. Jody also has all of us fill out our brackets before the tournament begins. Some of us do it with a randomness and some of us do it with calculated thought (any guess on who does what?).

Jamae has won twice in the past which usually makes us shake our heads. This year I decided to go with all the higher seeds except for Ohio State which I brought to the final game. Not good since Ohio State lost in double overtime tonight. Jay is winning in our family right now. He is the only one who did not pick Ohio State to win tonight. Where is his loyalty? Well, he might not be loyal but he is the only one who won.

The other fun today was that we celebrated Ming's 1/2 birthday - today he is 13 1/2! As you probably know by now, here at the Bowser house, we celebrate 1/2 birthdays with a special dinner and 1/2 a cake. When I asked Ming what he wanted for dinner, I was surprised to hear him say that he wanted vegetable pizza. I thought for sure he would pick Chinese food. So we celebrated with pizza and homemade ice cream cake. It was a great day as the kids had the day off from school and Ming spent time on the phone with his friends in China. What a fun way to start Spring.

2 comments:

michele said...

MARCH MADNESS! Vance needs to head over to your place. He is so excited about these games! But the rest of us aren't too interested. Caryn, what a fun mom your are! Celebrating even 1/2 birthdays when you have SIX children! You must always be having a birthday celebration.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Michele! Jed is much more into then then the rest of us! I love that you celebrate half birthdays! We may have to start doing that!