Monday, July 20, 2009

Busy Doing Life!

It's hard for me to believe that it has been 4 months since I have last posted. We have had the busiest spring of our lives (yes, I know it is now summer but I need to recap spring first) Let me try to recap.
*We have celebrated 5 birthdays and half birthdays: Jesse (15), Madison (13 1/2), Jay (18!), Jody (46),
and Jamae (5 1/2)


Jay celebrating his 18th birthday with his friends

*All 5 oldest kids were involved in sports. Jay and Jesse were on the high school tennis team, Madison was on track, and Ming and Mitchell played baseball. I went to more baseball games this spring than I thought was possible. Baseball is not my favorite sport, but I sure enjoyed watching MIng and Mitchell play. Ming had never played baseball before and it was a joy to watch him improve on the game. When you add Jesse's marching band rehearsal to that schedule and mission trip training, we were never home. I believe that we only had family dinner together on Sundays when we usually have dinner together 5 - 7 times a week. Needless to say, I did not like the schedule but I loved watching the kids play.


*Jamae graduated from Happy Hearts Preschool. To say that Jamae loved preschool this year was an understatement. She couldn't wait to get there everyday to see her teachers and friends. She was very sad to see the year end but is excited about attending kindergarten in the fall. She will be attending, along with Mitchell, Sage Point Elementary, which is the brand new elementary school in our town. Our neighborhood was chosen to attend this beautiful new school.

Jamae also learned how to ride her bike. She loves this new independence and Jody and I find ourselves often on a bike ride with her.

* I had the wonderful privilege of attending my niece, Christie's wedding in May. It was in North Carolina and Jody gave me the gift of flying out for 6 days. It was a wonderful time of connecting with Christie and meeting Brian, and spending time with all of my family. Their wedding was the most beautiful God honoring time I have ever been privileged to be a part of. Another time I will have to expound and show more pictures. The pictures were breathtaking. I just got a disc with over 800 pictures so I will have to pick just a few to share. Here is just a picture I took of the beautiful bride and groom.

*And then there is graduation. We had been anticipating this since September (or 18 years depending on how you look at it) and we were still not prepared. But amidst the tears, there was a lot of fun. I know Jay had a great time living out his last days of high school. Now he anticipates college - he will be leaving for Cedarville University in 3 weeks!

Our favorite of Jay's graduation pictures


Jay presenting his Senior Project. He did it on his mission trip to Burkino Faso last summer


Senior Prom - Jay in his tux brought tears to my eyes especially when my sister reminded me, 1st for prom then for his wedding. Time goes too fast!

Graduation was a wonderful weekend. My sister Carol and my dad both flew out and that made it extra special. The night of graduation called for thunderstorms (very unusual for Moses Lake) but they were all around us but never on us. That was a good thing because this year the school moved graduation to the football field. The ceremony was wonderful. On Saturday we enjoyed having friends over to honor Jay.


Jay's graduation present from us.


Future graduate!








It was great having Grandpa come to visit. Grandpa - you need to come more often!

So, as you can see it has been a whirlwind of a spring. God is good. We are so thankful even among the changes.

No comments: