Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Very Full Day!

It is probably not possible for a day to be any more emotional or full than today was for us.

Even though we only had two "outings", they were both extremely emotional and significant. This morning, we visited Ming's orphanage, the Living Hope Children's Home. And this afternoon, we drove 45 minutes or so to visit the Hidden Treasures Orphanage. It would fill several pages to document all that we experienced...and we're frankly too tired for that this evening. I think the best move right now is simply to allow some pictures do the talking. The summary would be to tell you that it was a VERY BLESSED DAY, and one that we will never forget.

Here is a glimpse into our morning at Living Hope...








And here are a couple of pictures from our visit to Hidden Treasures. The couple you see is Mike & Deena. We met them at the swimming pool yesterday afternoon, and decided to take a trip out to visit them. We can tell you the whole story after we return, but for now let's just say it was more than mere coincidence that we met them.



And here's a glimpse at what our drive home looked like. This is a view from one of the many bridges over the Min River that we crossed...

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank you guys so much for taking time to update with such great photos! Your names are buzzing around our home and weaving through our prayers; you are on our minds! We will be so excited to hear all the stories. Hugs all around, The Hammer Family

copleyclan said...

Hi, Guys! I stopped to look at this on our way out this morning and am so glad I didn't miss it. I cannot wait to hear your stories. Nothing about adopting Ming has been mere coincidence. It's so fun to see what God is doing!

We love you!!!!

Staci for The Copley Clan

Kooky said...

I'm glad Ming got to say his goodbyes to his friends. From what you have said, it's time. I know he will miss them, but he has so much to look forward to also.

May each of the kids who you saw today, have parents tomorrow! Amen!


Kristen

Alisa said...

I can't imagine what today must have been like for all of you, especially you Ming. We've been praying for all of you and we are so anxious and excited to hear more about your trip, especially about what you experienced today. The pictures were wonderful. Thanks for keeping us posted on your journey. I look forward to your posts everyday. I loved the Panda & Ping Pong pics yesterday.:) By the way, checked on your place yesterday and all is well.:) Miss you all so much!

Anonymous said...

We are thrilled for you guys. Both Christie and I wept tears of joy as we read your narrative and looked at the pictures. What an amazing story it is. Can't wait to hear more about the couple you met up with and how God is working through your lives to reveal His story. We will be continuing to pray for you and looking foward to your return and meeting Ming!

Unknown said...

Hi Bowser family of 8!!!!! What a pleasure it has been to experience in some small way this journey with you. Thank you for taking the time each day to give us a glimpse of your trip. Cary and I feel like we see Gods hand in each picture you post. We love you and are praying for each of you. Love the Wild West's XOXOX

Shelley said...

Wow...I am just moved to tears with every post. Ming looks so happy! (as do all of you!!)

Hope Jamae is doing well and enjoying her trip back to China.

Aly said to tell her hello and she hopes she has lots of fun!

Love to you all
Shelley and the Swindler clan

The Blazer's said...

Mark and I are also rejoicing with you all as you begin this new chapter of your life. Every post that you have entered has brought me(Sharon)to tears. We just amaze at the love that is being shared and the way that our God orchestrates everything to work together for good. We can't wait for you to get back home to us and to hear "the rest of the story!" Thank you so much for sharing these special moments with us. We are praying for your safety and the bonding of all of your hearts together. We can't wait to meet you, Ming!
Our Love,
Sharon and Mark

lgnlndn said...

As I look at these pictures, all I can think of is what absolutely beautiful children...amazing. More amazing is that God is holding all of our tears...and there have been many as we go through this journey with you...thank you for the experience. It is beyond words...amazing.
The Pruett Family