Sunday, July 6, 2008

Another Day in China

Things are quiet in the room now as I write this post. Jody, Mitchell, and Jamae are asleep. Madison, Jay, and Jesse are watching a show on the television about spoiled Chinese children and Ming is watching one of his DVD's in chinese that we bought for him.

We are surprised how it is cooler here. Since we have traveled south, I thought it would be hotter, but the heat is actually bearable. Unfortunately, our hotel here in Guangzhou is downtown, so there is not any nice parks to walk around in. When we leave the hotel, it is just congested downtown. Jay and Jesse have enjoyed exploring the little shops around here looking for inexpensive video games.

We have all adjusted to the time here, so now getting the kids to bed and getting them up has been harder. We opted for a suite instead of two rooms (they don't have connecting rooms here) . The suite has one full bath and one half bath, so getting 8 through one shower has been a challenge. Thankfully the next two mornings we don't need to be anywhere early.

I've included a few pictures from our shopping today and the promised swimming cap pictures. Enjoy the pictures!






9 comments:

Tiarnna said...

Um, I noticed a few obvious missing swim cap pictures (coughjodycoughcaryncough). How are things going communicating with Ming? Do you always have a handy translator? I'd offer to help translate once you get home....but unfortunately for Ming, I don't speak a lick of Chinese. darn it. Shopping all over looks fun!!

Alisa said...

I love the swim cap pics but I agree with Tiarnna, where are Mom & Dad?:) Really missing you all. Can't wait until you come home, but so glad you have are such a great time!

-A.

~The White family~ said...

I love all the updates and the pictures are so fun to look at. I am gald to hear and see all your fun adventures and can't wait to read more in the days to some. Looks like Ming is adjusting well and you all look so happy!

The Blazer's said...

I don't blame you one bit for not including your swim cap pictures,Caryn and Jody, besides, someone has to take the pictures, right?! The picture of Jamae cuddled up next to Ming with the big smile just melted my heart! That was precious. Thanks again for sharing your life with us. I can't imagine keeping up the pace that you have, you must all be exhausted. We will pray for your physical endurance. We can't wait to have you back home.
Our Love,
Sharon and Mark

Sandi said...

Looks like such fun! Even the swim caps!! (I remember always HAVING to wear them in the pool...I must be old....) But I also agree with Alisa and Tiarnna...where are pics of Dad and Mom??! Love the picture with Ming and Jamae, bet you are all excited to come home, via Disneyland!
Have a wonderful next few days enjoying yourselves in China!

Sandi

Jessica said...

I love the pic of Ming and Jamae. It is just the sweetest. Forever brother and sister! Enjoy your remaining time there...especially Disneyland. Miss you and can't wait to hug on Ming!

-Jess

Diane Dufault said...

Our family can't even begin to tell you how excited we are for your family! Everyone looks happy in the pictures, well, except when Ming was with the Dr! The picture of Ming and Jamae is priceless. Can't wait to the family photo of the swimming caps. Maybe a christmas card, huh?
~In our prayers,
The Dufaults

Mama Ohs said...

It sounds like you are absolutely having a wonderful time! Disneyland will be a blast! We are anxiously awaiting your return, but look forward each and every day to reading about what you all are doing. We went camping this weekend with the Shaw's and we were actually able to read the blog at the campsite. What a blessing! Hope you have an excellent day today. Miss you guys!

Lisa said...

Other people have said it, but I just have to say that I love the picture of Jamae with her head on Ming's lap. They look like they've been together forever. I really have enjoyed reading your blog, and Praise God Ming is finally in your family. You're going to have to change your blog address, you know. It is off by one. :) Blessings~ Lisa Porter