Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Jay!

Today is Jay's 17th birthday. I'm having a real hard time believing that he is actually 17! Could it really have been 17 years ago that he made me a mommy? He has had a real fun week. First school got out, then he had a big birthday party Wednesday night, today is his birthday, and tomorrow he leaves for Africa!

We started the morning with family breakfast and presents.


Jay and I then finished packing his suitcase and backpack and then he headed to Walmart to spend his birthday money. When he got home, the kids and I went to the Surf "N Slide Waterpark for a couple hours of swimming. We ended the day with our favorite chinese take-out and reeces peanut butter ice cream cake. Over cake, I told the traditional telling of Jay's birth story. He groaned when I started telling it, but I know he secretly enjoyed it. It's Bowser tradition after all.

No comments: