We just got word that Jay made it safely to Burkina Faso. They had an uneventful trip, all their luggage came through, and everyone is doing well. Praise the Lord! They were met at the airport by Kevin Oberg (the missionary the team is working with) and they will spend the night in Ouagadougou (pronounced Waga-doogoo).
Please continue praying for God's hand of protection on the team, especially as they adjust to a new culture and the heat.
2 comments:
Holy cow...we go out of town for a week and the Bowsers go all crazy on us!!!!!! Jay leaves for Africa, has to listen to his birth story YET AGAIN :-), you are up to your keister packing to take the whole ball team to China and meet up with Jay, who will obviously need therapy after spending two weeks in Africa followed IMMEDIATELY by two more weeks in CHINA!!! Then there is the Ming-meister, who has no idea the crazy, crazy, CRAZY, and absolutely WONDERFUL people who are going NUTS trying desperately to ALL get to him and brainwash him into the BOWSER CLAN!!!!
WHEW...does that about sum it up??
Well, only if I clarify that on the day Ming "gets" that God is the amazing potter behind his new life with you people...he will fall on his knees and worship him forever!!! How could he not!!
I will be praying for Jay as he is away from his precious precious family for two weeks. For his safety and for his boldness and for God's neverending protection. I will be praying for all of you as you are down to the wire getting ready to leave on yet another "adventure of a lifetime". I will be praying for Jamae as she returns to the country of her birth...that it will be a wonderful and amazing trip for her!!! Lastely, I will be praying for Ming as his life is about to be changed in ways he cannot even imagine. How blessed and fortunate he is to have you all to help him through it!!!
I expect LOTS of updates Ms Caryn!!! No excuses!!!!
Love to you all!!!!
Shelley and the Swindler crew
Well, at least the he will be used to the heat, being from Moses Lake and all! We will continue to keep them in prayer! Get pictures and updates!
Post a Comment