Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Difficult News!

Our travel approval has not arrived. We have heard the words that we prayed we wouldn't hear. Because we have not received our travel approval, we will not be able to travel this weekend to China to bring home Ming. We do not understand but the decision has been made. We will now be traveling in July. We do not know the dates yet, but will post as soon as we learn. We ask for your continued prayers that our travel approval arrives soon, so we can make concrete travel plans. Yesterday I read in a devotional that while God may seem slow at responding to our prayers, He’s always right on time. We know that God has this whole situation in His hands and we trust Him even though we don't understand.

Please pray for Ming's safety, health, and emotions as he waits for us to arrive. Is he excited about his new family or does the whole idea terrify him? My heart breaks that we have to wait so many days to find out.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Hello...

I found your blog on "the list". :o) Thought I'd leave a comment and let you know that I'm praying for you and your family and sweet Ming waiting for you in China.

None of this waiting was a surprise to God. He is faithful and has a plan!!

Blessings to you!
Jenn

Erica Cammer said...

I will also be praying for you as well. I know how it feels to wait. I was called heavily to adopt a girl from China but have to wait 8 years because I amm not 30 yet. I understand but yet I dont understand why you have to be 30. I wish it was 25. but its not. God will bless you guys greatly. God bless and I am praying for you

Maria said...

We are sorry to hear that you won't be able to travel this month. I know its a big dissapointment to you. We will keep you in our prayers as you plan for traveling in July.
Maria B