Saturday, May 17, 2008

My Wedding Bear Becomes A Groom

The were only two places I wanted to be today - China or in North Carolina for my nephew TJ's wedding. Where am I? I am in Moses Lake waiting impatiently for China to send us our travel approval so we can bring home Ming. What is taking them so long? I made the terribly hard decision to stay home from the wedding with the hope that we would be traveling to China any day now. But here I am, with no word from China and my entire family in North Carolina for the wedding. Ugh!
So my thoughts travel to TJ and Meredith as they become husband and wife. Is it really possible that my "wedding bear" is becoming a groom today? At my wedding 18 1/2 years ago, TJ was too little to be a ring bearer, but hearing about his older brother Steven being a ring bearer, he declared that he was my wedding bear. He went around saying "grr". Too cute!
Happy wedding day TJ! May God bless you and Meredith with an amazing life together.

No comments: